Université de Montréal has more than 10,000 employees and is one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
UdeM has Canada’s 2nd largest student body and ranks among the top five Canadian research universities, receiving more than half a billion dollars in research funding every year.
Through the achievements of the members of its community, UdeM participates in building today’s and tomorrow’s world.
Assistant Professor in Probability or Analysis
Department of Mathematics and Statistics
Faculté des arts et des sciences
The Department of Mathematics and Statistics invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track position of Assistant Professor in Probability or Analysis.
The appointed candidate will be expected to teach undergraduate and graduate courses, supervise graduate students, be active in research, publishing, and the diffusion of knowledge, and contribute to the activities of the University.
- Ph. D in Mathematics. Preference will be given to candidates with an expertise in Probability or Analysis.
- Strong Research and publication record.
- Demonstrated ability to provide high quality university teaching.
- An adequate knowledge of the written and spoken French language or a strong commitment to mastering the proficiency level required, in accordance to Université de Montréal’s Language Policy. An institutional learning support program is offered to all professors wishing to learn French or improve their communication skills.
How to submit your application
The application file must include the following documents:
- A cover letter. Application must include in the cover letter one of the following statements: “I am a citizen / permanent resident of Canada.” or “I am not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada.”
- A curriculum vitae.
- A presentation of your research program (suggested maximum two pages).
- A statement of teaching philosophy (suggested maximum one page).
- Copies of up to three recent publications or research papers.
- Three letters of recommendation to be sent directly by the referees.
The complete application package and letters of recommendation must be submitted to MathJobs or emailed to Marlène Frigon, Chair of the Department, at firstname.lastname@example.org before December 15th , 2020.
For more information about the Department, please consult its Web site at: http://dms.umontreal.ca/en/
Additional information about the position
|Reference number||FAS 11-20 / 7|
|Application deadline||Until December 15th, 2020 inclusively|
|Salary||Université de Montréal offers competitive salaries and a full range of benefits|
|Starting date||On or after June 1st 2021|
Université de Montréal is strongly committed to fostering diversity and inclusion. Through its Equal Access Employment Program, UdeM invites applications from women, Aboriginal people, visible and ethnic minorities, as well as persons with disabilities. We will –confidentially – adapt our recruitment mechanisms to the specific needs of people with disabilities who request it. We also welcome applications from candidates of all orientations and sexual identities. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply; however, in accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, priority will be given to Canadians and permanent residents.
Université de Montréal’s application process allows all members of the Professor’s Assembly to review the application files submitted. If you wish to keep your application confidential until the shortlist is established, please mention it in your application.