The Canadian Mathematical Society is proud to be part of a vibrant mathematical community in Canada and internationally and contribute to it. The Society works with research institutes, other societies, and university departments to expand and advance mathematics regionally, nationally and internationally.
Below is the list of the society’s contribution to the mathematical community:
- supporting the community through the distribution of funding for grants, prizes and awards.
- serving the research community by providing a central hub for research groups and publications;
- encouraging mathematicians and educators to use specialised sources for fostering a greater involvement of women and girls in mathematics and math education;
- providing a nationwide list of employment vacancies of interest to mathematically-trained workers;
- nurturing the professional interaction and camaraderie amongst mathematicians within Canada and internationally.