The Publications Committee of the CMS solicits nominations for two important positions to help in the production of our highly esteemed research journals: one (1) Production Editor and one (1) Production Assistant for the Canadian Journal of Mathematics (CJM) and the Canadian Mathematical Bulletin (CMB). Both appointments will be for a term of three years beginning July 1, 2021.
For over sixty years, the Canadian Journal of Mathematics (CJM) and the Canadian Mathematical Bulletin (CMB) have been the flagship research journals of the Society, devoted to publishing original research works of high standard. The CJM publishes longer papers with six issues per year and the CMB publishes shorter papers with four issues per year. CJM and CMB are supported by respective Editors-in-Chief and share a common Editorial Board.
Role of the Production Editor and Production Assistant
The Production Editor’s role is to ensure that final versions of the accepted papers in CJM and CMB are consistent with CMS style protocol. The Production Editor is preferably a senior member of the society with experience in publications. The Production Editor will be helped by a production assistant and shall oversee and supervise the work done by the Production Assistant. The Production Assistant is a Latex professional.
The Executive Director is responsible for drafting a contract for the Production Assistant and the Production Editor is responsible for approving the number of hours of work done by the Production Assistant. The Publications Committee, in consultation with the CMS Executive Director, appoints both positions.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Production Editor of the CJM and CMB
- Receive all the copyrights, acceptance and other notifications and collect the copyright forms.
- Check the Latex file of the accepted papers, verify that the author used the CMS style file, and to ensure that the paper is consistent with the CMS standards.
- Check the title, running heads, abstract, and section heads to make sure usage (spelling, hyphenation) is consistent with the text.
- Edit to improve the overall quality only as needed.
- Collaborate with the publisher, Cambridge University Press and Editors-in-Chief of both journals.
Expressions of interest should include your curriculum vitae and your cover letter and sent electronically to: email@example.com before May 30, 2021.
If you have any questions, please contact us at the email above.