Full-Time Faculty Position for International Lecturers
Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST)
Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology(GIST), a
government-funded university in Gwangju, South Korea, is looking for
dedicated international lecturers to fill the non-tenured track full-time
position(s) listed below.
The Institute was founded in 1993 by the Korean government to meet the
nation's demand for advanced research as well as to enhance the development
of higher education in science and engineering. Since its foundation, GIST
has taken a leading role in performing research and development in
cooperation with industrial sectors. GIST is proud of the following
- 6th in the world in citations per faculty (QS World University Rankings 2013)
- Nation's highest number of papers published in SCI journals per faculty for 10 consecutive years.
I. Positions available in the fields listed below
||Suggested listings of possible courses by candidates
- Division of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Calculus & Applications|
- Multivariable Calculus
- Linear Algebra
- Differential Equations
- Probability & Statistics
- Elective mathematics course(s) in one's specialty
Requirement: Three representative publications (pdfs)
- Foreigner (Non-Korean Citizen)
- Applicant must be able to provide lecture in English.
- Applicants should hold a doctoral degree in a relevant field (the degree must be in hand by the date of application).
III. Job description:
- Expected to offer two or three courses per semester (9 to 12 classroom
hours per week) including lecture and related activities (recitation and
- Expected to offer office hours and student counseling
- Developing curriculum and new courses in related areas
IV. Salary and Benefits:
- Annual salary range from 50,000,000won (about US$45,400) to 80,000,000won (about US$72,000) per year depending on academic experiences.
* All GIST members have a legal obligation to pay tax based on the salary.
- Relocation allowance of within 5,000,000won (about US$4,545) including the airfare based on the receipt.
- Housing provided (Maintenance Fee 200,000won a month should be paid).
- Participation in Korean national pension fund (per government regulations)
- Enrollment in nation health insurance program (per government regulations)
- Medical examination every year
- Vacation: 15 days per year
V. Employment Period:
Within three years with potential renewal (Maximum 3 years) based on mutual agreement.
VI. How to Apply
- GIST provides an electronic version of its application forms in
Microsoft Word format, which includes sections for your resume, publication
list, and lecture plan. Please
* Requirement: Three representative publications (pdfs)
- Applicants must upload all application materials to
* For those papers that have been not published but accepted for publication, please make sure to upload a copy of an official acceptance letter
- Applicants may be requested to provide three letters of profession recommendation (to be mailed directly to the school from the recommenders).
- For initial screening, applications completed by
5 pm on Nov. 6(Wed.), 2013 (Korean Time) will be given full consideration. Note, however, that the search will continue until the position(s) are filled.
VII. Contact Information
October 14, 2013
Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology
Submitted on Tue, 15 Oct 2013 09:20:51 +0900 (KST)