GIST Faculty Positions Open (2nd of 2013)
Faculty Positions available at the Gwangju Institute of Science and
Technology (GIST), a government-funded university in Gwangju, Republic of
GIST seeks candidates whose interest lies in the fields listed below:
- Computer Science: All areas in computer science and computer
Three representative publications (pdfs)
What is GIST?
GIST was established by the Korean Ministry of Education, Science and
Technology in 1993.
As a research-oriented graduate & undergraduate school with superb
laboratories, research centers and facilities, GIST allocates a minimum
teaching load so that faculty members can devote themselves to research
activities. GIST is proud of the following records:
- Nation's highest number of papers published in SCI journals during the recent 9 consecutive years.
- The 7th in the world in citations per faculty member (QS World University Rankings 2012)
In addition, most of the faculty members and students participate in the
government-funded "Brain Korea 21" program.
- Candidates must possess a Ph.D. degree in a pertinent field at the time of application and should be able to deliver their lectures in English.
- Qualified international or female scholars are encouraged to apply.
- Senior professors who has 10 year or more research/education experience are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
- GIST offers an electronic version of its application forms in Microsoft
Word format. Please download the
application form attached at the bottom
of this page.
- Three letters of recommendation only if the school requests.(to be mailed directly to the school from the recommenders.)
- Applicants must upload all application materials at
- Applications will be accepted until 5PM (Korean Time) on
October 4, 2013.
For more information, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submitted on Mon, 9 Sep 2013 16:55:45 +0900 (KST)