CUMC-US Exchange Status Report
To date, we have completed the following tasks:
- Sent two students to Rose-Hulman Undergraduate Conference in the U.S.
to observe its organisation and execution. We did not send students to the
second conference in New York since the project members sent to the first
one felt that little more information could be gained by attending a second.
- Preliminary procedures have been written for the CUMC.
- The CUPC Operations Manual has been obtained. This process took much
longer than expected, due to difficulty in communicating with CAP and
previous CUPC organisers to find a copy. Fortunately, the CUPC was held at
the University of Manitoba this year and the manual was graciously
photocopied for us by the current president. Unfortunately, no electronic
copy could be located.
The following steps remain to complete the project:
- OCR scan the documentation of the CUPC (100+ pages).
- Extract pertinent information and tailor to operational situation of
- Collate the new document with CUMC specific materials prepared by
- Edit the final document into a CUMC Operations Manual.
- Translate the manual into French.
- Print a number of copies for distribution to future organisers.
It is expected that the remaining work can be completed before the end of
Coordinator, CUMC-US Exchange Project
(Dec. 2, 2001)