Working Group 4: Learning in the Presence of Technology / Atelier 4:
Apprentissage en présence de technologie
(F. Caron, J. Borwein, T. Steinke)
- JONATHAN BORWEIN, FRANCE CARON AND TOM STEINKE, Simon Fraser University, Université de Montréal,
Ottawa-Carleton Catholic School Board
Learning in the Presence of Technology / Apprentissage en présence de technologie
Across Canada, mathematics education is being profoundly impacted by the presence of a vast array of ever-evolving technologies. During the three working sessions, this group will explore the following questions:
- In Canadian mathematics classrooms:
- what technologies are currently used?
- how are these technologies typically used?
- what are the technological constraints?
- what has been the impact of the cost of technologies?
- What is the impact of technology on:
- student learning
- the math content being covered?
- helping students understand technology?
- developing student problem solving capabilities?
- developing student autonomy and critical thinking?
- the classroom learning dynamic?
- provincial curricula?
- What implementation and teacher-learning experiences and stories exist
from the various provinces?