brings the fun as The ORIGINAL Waterpark & Attractions
Company. Since 1980, WhiteWater has grown from a successful waterpark
operation into a thriving designer and manufacturer of ORIGINAL
attractions. WhiteWater's team is ORIGINAL, seriously fun and
innovative. They think outside-the-pool, create the newest, coolest
attractions and supply the world's most memorable, WOW-that-made-my-day
experiences! Headquartered in Richmond, BC, WhiteWater West Industries
Ltd. has over 30 years of award-winning expertise, 550+ employees and 19
At WhiteWater, we celebrate our diversity and highly value our
employees. Our uniqueness is what makes us a creative, energetic, fast
paced and innovative company. We are an exciting business in a unique
international industry that promotes a flexible and positive work
environment. We empower our employees with new technologies, and the
latitude to do their best work. We have a business casual dress code,
collaborative, open door environment and acknowledge the need for work-life
Waterpark estimators work in a fast paced environment assembling costs and
estimates for projects during the sales and project budgeting phases.
Estimators must work under pressure to complete estimates in a timely
manner and use their judgment to estimate costs when a limited basis for
estimate is available.
OUR TEAM and WORKPLACE:
- Competitive salary
- Out of province Water Park entrance fees
- Medical benefits without waiting period
- Healthcare spending allowance
- 3% company matching RRSP contribution after 1 year
- Close to transit, bike-commuter friendly facilities, free parking and nature trails.
- Opportunity for employees and their families to test proto type rides on site
- Flexible work environment
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition reimbursement for approved programs
- Fast paced, fun and professional environment
- Energetic, self-starters with entrepreneurial spirit
- Global diverse customers and teammates
- Working with The ORIGINAL Waterpark and Attractions Company... now how awesome is that?!
The Estimator will be responsible for the following:
- Create estimates for waterslides and aquatic play structure projects, using whatever design drawings, sketches and information that is available
- Assist in the development of proposal documents.
- Assist sales in providing WAG and Budget on the spot estimates for possible future proposals.
- Develop preliminary slide support and tower design concepts.
- Draft scope of work and risk assessment documents.
- Ensures that estimates reflect current costs and that the costing database is kept up to date.
- Review of completed projects vs. the estimates for improvement of accuracy of future estimates
- Track NCR and other Value Stream metrics, as required.
- Usage of Non-Compliance Reporting (NCR) / Opportunity for Improvement (OFI) procedures
- May act a project manager on small projects, as required.
- Should be able and willing to work at any time and any day as may be required by circumstance!
- Execute responsibilities according to lawful and ethical standards
- Responsible for safety, ensure best practices are followed
- Continuous improvement of self
- Respect for people with communication, consideration and cooperation
- Ensure regular performance feedback through formal performance reviews every 12 months in addition to probationary term reviews
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Math, statistics and analyst education and experience is highly valuable
- A engineering degree would be an asset
- Construction and/or manufacturing estimating experience preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Able to create Bills of Materials and take-offs
- Be able to read and interpret construction / engineering drawings.
- Be able to create estimates under pressure that are accurate and reflect WWI's costs, using any and all information provided.
- Experience with contract management would be an asset
- Must be able to use Excel and MS Project; an understanding of Timberline (or similar pricing package) would be an asset
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- Excellent mathematical and analytical abilities
- Must be able to write reports clearly.
- Must be able to create and interpret Excel spreadsheets.
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Excellent time management, organization and priority defining skills.
- Able to meet tight deadlines in a fast paced, fun and professional environment!
- Ability to work independently and as a team member, self-starter and energetic.
- Interacts effectively within all levels of the Whitewater Team and external contacts relating to the Waterparks business unit and Project Services function.
Application closing date is
May 05, 2013
though applications will continue to be accepted until position filled.
Include your cover letter and resume in your application with "Estimator"
in the subject line of your email to email@example.com
Only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in this position!
More information about this and other roles at
Submitted on Tue, 23 Apr 2013 14:55:37 +0000