In Canada, we are fortunate to have quite a few opportunities for students to compete mathematically. The competitions listed below are based in Canada and are run by recognized educational institutions and not for profit organizations.
- Supported by the CMS
National and Regional Competitions
Alberta High School Mathematics Competition
- For high school students in Alberta. Students in the Northwest Territories and junior high students may also apply to write. Available in English.
Calgary Elementary School Math Contest
- For grade 4, 5, and 6 students attending elementary school in Calgary and surrounding areas. Available in English.
Calgary Junior Math Contest
- Primarily for Grade 9 students, but all junior high students attending schools in Calgary and surrounding districts are eligible. Available in English and French.
Edmonton Junior High Math Contest
- For Grade 9 and lower grade students in the Edmonton school district. Available in English.
- Edmonton Junior High Mathematics Invitational
- For junior high students in Alberta. Available in English. Please contact Andy Liu, the contest organizer, for more details.
- For students in grades 5-7 in the Victoria and Vancouver areas. Available in English.
W.J. Blundon Contest
- For senior high school students in Newfoundland and Labrador. Available in English.
To report errors or omissions for this list, please contact Jessica St-James at email@example.com.